Growing up when we went to the store with my mom we loved picking out our own piece of fruit, instead of a sugary candy bar. My own kiddos love doing this too! Coconut, kiwi, mangos, starfruit, nectarines, baby bananas... so many interesting and bright and colorful choices. We had an overabundance of fresh yummy fruit last week so we made FRUIT KABOBS!

They loved it. So fun to do colorful patterns or just throw on whatever fruit they liked best.
There was lots of snacking along the way, which was totally fine by me. :-)

Sydney is my most meticulous child and put together perfectly patterned kabobs...

I put together a little "bouquet" for a good friend- so bright and colorful! I even loved the kabobs with just plain grapes on them...
The kids were SOO proud to show Ger what they had made for dinner! He was definitely impressed- ha. (Do you love my ghetto fabulous pan!?!) But they are perfect for a kids craft... and fun to make for dinner or a big get together!
3 comments:
What artists! Looks great, guys!! Yummy, too!!
Love Jenny
We love kabobs! They are our favorite summer BBQ food! I never know what other food to put w/ the meat and veggies ones - SO - next time we will totally do some fruit kabobs to keep the whole meal in line with the kabob theme.
Maybe we could borrow Sydney to make them for us? Her kabobs are amazing! I love the bouquet gift idea too - filling the vase with grapes is a great idea!
Oh, and I really like the idea of letting your children pick out a fruit at the grocery store - gives them something to look forward to and helps re-enforce that healthy can be delicious too!
Love this, it's such a good idea to set the fruit out and let the kids make the kabobs. B
Post a Comment