It was an emotional rollercoaster to be have pre-term labor and the added stress of shots and meds and hospital visits and not being able to live my "normal life"... BUT it did make me appreciate the little things in life so much more... I had more time just playing with my kids than I have had for a long time. I think we have played every board game, card game, and done every puzzle in our entire house at least a few times over the last few months... and trust me... we have a lot of them! Here are the top few that we played again and again!
UNO is Sydney's favorite for sure... Mia really can't stand to lose... but even Colby gets into it and loves to play. It's a great game for our whole fam to play together.
This is a new game and Colby especially loved it and would say, "Let's just play to have fun and it doesn't matter who makes their cootie first, ok?!?" He is a good sport!
Mia and Colby love playing Dora Candyland... but both hate picking the cards to be set back. When they get a bad card Mia cries, Colby laughs!
I found a Marble Run at Ross or TJMaxx for Christmas for the kids and Colby LOVES building with this set over and over. Marbles are just fascinating for little kids and he loves sending them down all the different chutes. I actually got to be pretty creative at setting this up with him!
Zingo is another game we got for Christmas that is a fun twist on Bingo. It has pictures so kids of all ages can play!
My mom has this game and it is the cutest funnest game that ALL the kids love to play- when you land on spaces you have to answer questions about what you love about the player next to you or shout "HURRAY FOR ME" or give other players a pat on the back. It just is a happy cheery game that makes everyone feel good about themselves.
I even read a book! My sister Becky was so nice to mail us one of the kiddos favorite movies and a book for me. How thoughtful! It was always fun to get something in the mail since i was so stuck at home most the time. I highly recommend this book. It was set in WWII and is about a woman who helps with the war efforts... and about all that everyone did in those days to assist with the war efforts. It was a relaxing and easy read that gave me a lot of things to think about and I really liked the beauty of the message of the book. My kids though it was great that I was reading too! We are always talking about what books they are reading for the book lists and so they were so impressed when I finished it.
I also had a chance to do some fun crafty things I already had the supplies for... Jaime makes these adorable burp rags out of cloth diapers and I made a ton of them and it was so fun. You just buy 1/8 yard of fabric and then use any ribbons or ric rac along the edges. Super easy, even for a handicapped sewer such as myself. ;-) (Make sure to wash diapers and fabric before sewing together.) I actually had to use just whatever ric rac and ribbon I had on hand since I couldn't go shop for it, so it was a great way to use my stash. They sell for around $6 on Etsy and you can make them for less than $1!
When Melissa was here we had gone to Ribbons and Lace and gotten a ton of elastic and ribbon and flowers to do headbands with... It was nice to finally get to that stash and make them!
Here are some of the cute headbands...
And here are a FEW of the bows/flowers. I kind of went crazy and made a gazillion. And can you tell I like the bling! Ha! So much fun to make these- I really enjoyed doing it.
And you know I have had plenty of blogging time with my time stuck on "house arrest." So anyways, there are just a few things that kept me sane... Easter pics coming soon.

2 comments:
How fun Kim. I am so glad that you were able to spend your time doing all those things with your kids. It was so fun talking to you the other day. Keep us posted. Good luck!!!
Wow--maybe someone should put me on bedrest!! Love all the baby stuff! Can't wait to see the bows and bands on Allie! Love ya--
Jenny
Post a Comment