
Last year my friend Lena did money in her eggs instead of candy. How excited the kiddos were to get dimes, quarters, nickles and even pennies! I totally was thrilled about this idea too. Take whatever money you were going to use to buy the candy and pay your kiddos for their change. They love helping put a few coins in each egg- just enough to make them shake nicely ;-). You can even throw a dollar or two if you are feeling extra generous or want to hide the prize winning golden egg somewhere with the most cash. But really, the kids love it and it's better than more sugar. Especially if you are going to 2-3 Easter Egg Hunts this weekend! Other ideas you can do instead of candy are: stickers, bouncy balls, marbles, toy cars, cheap jewlery or even fake money or tokens (bunny money!) to buy something from your "Easter Store" after the hunt (All-a-Dollar, Targets Dollar section, or buying stuff on clearance after Easter for the next Easter work GREAT!). Let me know if you have any other creative Easter Egg Hunt ideas!
2 comments:
Loved this idea! I have also heard of doing a special FHE or Easter Sunday hunt with little pics of Christ, etc. I have yet to try it, though! We'll have to try the coins sometime, too! Luv ya!
Jen
I remember when Devin and I were in college his aunt would do an egg hunt for all the "big" kids and one of the eggs had a $20 bill in it. All of us poor college kids were pushing and shoving trying to find it. :) Glad ya'll had a good easter. And i'm totally doing to money in the eggs next year. no 20's though. ;)
Post a Comment