I had a chance this week to pull out some of our Vday stuff... If you have access to a Cricut these signs are super easy and fun to make! The hearts are from Joann's- I still need to add a bow or something above them...
Instead of traditional reds and pinks and whites and I wanted lots of fun colors so my candy jars have red, blue, pink, green, yellow... Gumballs, big lollipops from Wal-mart, and big pink heart shaped Marshmellows from the Dollar Store. (the kids LOVE these so the jar is already more than half gone- bah!)

I posted a wreath a few posts ago made out of tulle and made one of my own this week- adding ribbon. Super easy. Hobby Lobby has ribbon half off right now and has so many fun colors and patterns. Get a styrofoam wreath at a craft store, whatever tulle you need (the 6 inch rolls are the easiest!), a cute sign for the middle, and ribbon if you want...

Then just tie the tulle onto the wreath. I tied ribbon alternating in every other piece of tulle- and just cut a few short inches and tied it into the tulle- you don't tie any knots in the ribbon, just place it on top of the tulle when you tie it into a knot. It's super easy but takes a few hours- so do it in front of one of your favorite shows and it will go super fast. I cut my tulle into 9-10 inch pieces (from the 6 inch rolls) but you can do longer if you want...

Then I just picked up these hearts at Jo-Anns for 40% off! Only $6 each and they are huge and thick and seem heavy duty. I wish they had a bigger wreath since our door is so huge but it works fine! Do the hearts need bows above them? I just stuck them up since i was on a time crunch so may get more creative this week with it!
I made some yummy Valentine Day treats I will post soon... and also a great gift idea! Hope you've all had a great weekend!
2 comments:
CUTE decor!! Your wreath is way cuter than the pic you posted a while back. Impressive! Wish you would come decorate our place! Wish I was hopping the plane with Lissy today!!!
Love Jenny
Cute decorations.. I have to say your wreath is much cuter than the example one ;)
Post a Comment