This concept is kind of like a Salad Bar and you make whatever salad you want... but only for cookies! YUM! I got this idea from my sisters Melissa and Heidi who did it over the holidays.
Whip up the dough for your favorite batch of cookies... pick out some toppings... and let everyone make their own. I forgot sprinkles which was a big hit with the kids when my sisters did it, but we had chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, nuts, toffee chips, mint chocolate chips, and M&M's.
The recipe I used for the dough was Bakerella's Cowgirl Cookie Recipe. Go here: http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/
Colby was very articulate placing every single treat on in just the perfect spot.

Sydney's cooked with her mom enough to know just how to roll the perfect cookie dough ball! No help needed for her. ;-)

Colby took the longest making his cookies! He was loving every second though and definitely sampled all the ingredients to make sure the cookies were going to be fabulous.

Mia did a great job as well making good little cookie dough balls and placing them neatly on the tray... Minutes later they looked like...
Ta-da!
YUMMY! They were amazing. Seriously. Everyone loved their creations and I was so impressed how everyone's turned out.

Colby won the biggest cookie award! His turned out great. If you are doing a group you can even buy the mini pie tins and write names on with Sharpies and have each make a big cookie for the little pie tin. You can even undercook them a little and serve them in the little tins as Pazookies.
So for your next FHE or dessert night, try a cookie bar! Let me know how they turn out and what other ideas you have for it.
4 comments:
Looks so fun! The kids loved doing this at Lissy's!
Love Jenny
Looks fun! We'll have to try this. What's a Pazookie?
It really is a wonder how you stay so skinny!! You always have such yummy looking treats! That looks like a lot of fun. I am sure my kids would love them. Thanks for the cute idea.
Okay, so, as you know, I am TOTALLY NOT A BAKER, but I might have to try this idea out! YUM!
Post a Comment