Central Park was GORGEOUS. So amazing to be in the dirty crazy busy city with massive sky scrapers one minute and then be in a lush green and beautiful park the next. We ran through Central Park one morning, rented bikes 2 of the days since it was so fun to ride through Central Park, and ate at a fun restaurant at Central Park twice...
The Manhatten Temple is so beautiful! It looks just like another building on the outside kind of- it's beautiful but fits in with the other buildings being tall and square- but has a gorgeous Angel Moroni on top. Such an amazing sight to see in the middle of the city!
Their church is also held in the same building- complete with a gym and basketball hoops and everything- so it was neat to attend church on Sunday and get to see it...
A view of the city from Central park.... I thought the reflection looked really beautiful!
A view of the city from our ferry, heading out to see the Statue of Liberty.
Wow- this was way more amazing in person than I ever would have thought. Such intricate details and completely gorgeous and breathtaking... especially as you thought about the immigrants who had traveled so far and so long in packed and gross circumstances on the ships getting to see this and realize they had made it to America!!! Touring Ellis Island was such a touching experience too.
Thefamous Carnegie Deli! Super yummy and so fun... The plates of corned beef cabbage sandwiches and pastrami sandwiches were like 5 pounds each- literally. The boys were in HEAVEN!
The American Musuem of Natural History was really amazing and fun- Ger was trying to imitate this dinosaur as you can see... ;-)
So many amazingly beautiful cathedrals with intricate stone work, glass windows, amazing sculptures/statues, incredible ceilings, etc. We toured through a lot of them and they were really breath taking.
Whew- there's a few pics of the nearly 500. ;-) Now off to do laundry!
9 comments:
Yea! for New York. I am glad you guys had such a blast. If you and Gerron ever decide to have another quick trip to the big apple, give me a call. We live in New Jersey about 30 minutes outside of NYC now.
I never comment, but I love all the activities you post that you do with your kids. I have used a lot of them. You are so creative. And I love all the recipes.
I'm so glad to hear the trip worked out! Was it your first time to NY? I've been to NY three times, and I've never been able to get into David Letterman!
Amazing trip! We are green with envy!! I am glad you guys had such a fun getaway. Can't wait to hear more details!
Love Jenny
I love the pictures! I am so glad that you had such a great time and that you got to see all of the places I told you about! You guys must have been on the run! Didn't you love Tavern on the Green and Central park! I love the City!
We really enjoyed your children. They are so adorable and sweet. It was so fun to get to know them better. You have a beautiful family and Joslyn just loves them to death.
Thank you so much for the smoothies that was so sweet of you!
I want to hear more of your trip!
I'm SO glad you asked me to come! I had so much fun with your precious kids!!:) I want to hear more about new york and see more pictures! Love you guys!!
I am so glad that you guys had so much fun. New York is so amazing. It looks like you guys did a good job of fitting everything in. I can't wait to see more pictures.
What?! I didn't even know you guys went to NY! How awesome! I'm so jealous! So fun!
What fun pictures!! It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm dying to get to new york! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures and I'm SO sad to hear about your camera.:( Hopefully it shows up!
Looks like such a fun trip! We're going to try and make a trip there soon. I'll have to chat with you about everything you did so we can decide what to do when we're there! B
Post a Comment