Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Products You've Gotta Try!

Product #1: I read about this Organic Batter Blaster in a magazine, where it was recommended in a "new food" article section. I happened to see it at Fry's the other day and got one to try out...The kids were VERY excited about being able to squirt out their own pancake batter!
Easy as 1-2-3!It made nice fluffy pancakes... the kiddos loved making lots of shapes and sizes...And here Mia is posing for their next ad- ha ha! The kids said it was the best pancakes EVER! They ate every last bite. In fact it was good to feed our family for 2 breakfasts and they were SOO sad this morning when they found out it was all gone. They were begging me to get more at the store! I thought they were yummy- not the best I'd ever had since I prefer wheat but they were yummy. Another plus though? NO MESS! Batter can get everywhere and sometimes you just don't have time to whip a homemade batch together, so it was so great that there was no disaster to clean up after... Give them a try!Product #2- Oroweat Sandwich Thins. I have seen these advertised a lot and happened to run into them at Costco... LOVE the concept since I think there is always too much bun when you eat a burger anyways. I got the Multi-grain ones, we toasted them on the grill when our burgers were done and were so excited to try them, I don't even have any pics! Whoopsie. They are DELICIOUS though!! Really yummy. Ger loved them too and thought it was such a great concept since burgers are so huge anyways. AND they only have 100 calories for the entire bun!!! Fabulous. I couldn't find very many online pics... but check out their website at http://www.sandwichthins.com/ for recipes and ideas... They look great for sandwiches, panini's, to eat toasted with eggs, to make homemade mini pizzas (my kids love this- toast them up and then add sauce and cheese and broil them) and whatever else! Don't mind the hot dog pic below- it came stuck to the pic on the right. ;-)
Product #3 WONDRA!

If you make gravy's or soups a lot, you will LOVE Wondra. This isn't a new product, but new to me. I happened to see it at the grocery store months again and it is awesome. It dissolves way better in water than flour, so you never have any lumps. Usually I have to use a strainer when I add my flour/water mix to gravy but I don't with Wondra. It thickens up your sauces or gravies just as nicely as flour does.
Product #4: We love trying new sugar cereals and the kids loved this one! We really don't buy sugar cereals too often, but this is a fun treat if you haven't tried it.


Product #5 Special K20 Protein Water Mix. Love this stuff. I have been loving it for over a year now. It has NO artificial sweetners like aspartme and has 5 grams of protein for only 30 calories. It is SOOO yummy! I get bored of water and if I'm feeling a little hungry, it's the perfect drink to tide me over until lunch...

Product #6- We LOVE kettle corn popcorn at our house... and always get the 94% fat free kind. (When I bought the regular kind my kids grossed out and said it was too buttery!) And Jolly Time makes the yummiest. Just thought I would let you know. ;-)

Let me know what your favorite yummy new or old products are! We would love to hear!

3 comments:

doovie79 said...

Yum! I want to find the spray pancakes!! Looks super-easy, and for breakfast that is right up my alley! Thanks for the great ideas as always!
Love Jenny

Monica said...

I am definitely going to try that pancake batter. I always love your ideas. I came by today but you guys weren't home. I had some extra hot pretzels from a Pfizer party today. Sorry I missed you---I just knew from Joslyn babysitting that your kids loved Pretzels!

Meghan Parrish said...

You always have the FUNNEST posts! I miss you guys! UGh! Well we are totally looking for the batter pancake thingy. My kids are urgent about it!0