Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Colby and Me, NY Souvineers, Soccer, School, The Many Faces of Colby!

If you have been around Colby at all lately, you have seen this 3 step process... it is hilarious and always has us laughing. He does it ALL the time. One time I was frustrated about something and he was like "Mom, Mom!" I look over and he was doing it. He is always making us laugh!
Colby and me have had some fun together since his preschool doesn't start until this week! Lots of playdough, games, puzzles, building stuff out of Lincoln logs and foam blocks and Jenga, chase around the house, coloring, playing baby Landon, wrestling, swimming...and we also went to the Mesa Musuem of Natural History! He loved the dinosaurs especially... He is so fun to take anywhere- he is such a mello, happy, easy going kid. Whenever he has to run errands with me he is always happy and well behaved which is a big help. Somehow we missed the really naughty boy getting into trouble stage. phew!
Soccer is back into full swing! Mia is on a team with one of her best friends Indi which she is SO excited about. They are the Tigers... Orange uniforms for the 3rd time in a row- wahoo!Colby is on JJ's team again- the blue Sharks. Ger is his coach- yay! Hopefully we can gear up for the hot Saturday games... Colby's usually at 9, Mia's at 11...

When we were in New York we got the girlies outfits for their American Girl Dolls at the big American Girl Doll Place. Mia's doll got a new soccer uniform, complete with shoes, shinguards, and a ball...
And Sydney's Julie got a gymnastic outfit!
Colby was very willing to help out... In fact he wanted to be in all the pictures with Sydney- he would jump in right before I was going to take it! Luckily Sydney has a sense of humor and we were all just laughing at him. Which led to this...
What a character!
Here's the latest pics from gymnastics... Sydney has the buffest little arms and makes it to the top of the rope every time...
Mia is getting really good at her splits- wow. ;-)

They have to do 10 chin ups and then 10 leg lifts (hanging on bar and lifting legs up to bar) every time. This is something that I can't even do so I'm always so impressed! They love it though! They never complain... though sometimes do comment how tired their arms are afterwards...
SCHOOL PIC DAY!
Sydney LOVES her short hair but says she is going to grow it out now... we will see! They are both doing GREAT in school. Ger and I are so impressed with what they come home and tell us they have learned. I help out in both their classes and love seeing what they are doing in there- Sydney's learning about homophones, triple digit addition, has 30 spelling words a week, and is memorizing a poem to recite. Impressive! She is also learning how to type correctly in her computer class- wow. I didn't learn that until the 7th grade! She LOVES to read and knows all her phonograms. She LOVES her teacher too... Mia also knows almost all her phonograms and is working hard on her memorization, writing skills for letters and numbers, spelling and sounding out words, identifying spheres and cylinders, etc. She LOVES music and art and computers and is surprisingly not loving school. She is having a hard time for some reason and it breaks my heart! I'm not used to seeing her so emotional- last year for Early Learners Kindergarten she would jump out of the car and say, "Don't walk me in! BYE!" But I think she is adjusting and getting used to being there all day and she does have one of her best friends in her class which helps. The sad thing is, if she cries at recess it makes Sydney cry! Oh dear. My tenderhearted girls. I really feel good about their teachers and where they are and hope that they adjusting process is a short one. whew! So that's what we've been up to!

5 comments:

Monica said...

I love these pictures! I just love your kids! Joslyn had Colby do those faces all the time for us. He is so entertaining! We laughed so hard! Your kids are so adorable!

Monica said...

Oh and did you get that CD that Joslyn dropped off! I thought those pictures were so cute of your kids---we had so much fun with them at the water park!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Oh how i miss those faces of colb. You have the cutest kids, I already miss them! Thanks again for asking me!:) You guys looked like you had a blast in crazy, busy Nyc!

Chris and Abby said...

Chris and I loved chatting with the kiddos on sunday.They are a riot! It looks like you guys are getting back into the crazy saturday schedule again with soccer games. How fun! Hopefully we can get down to the valley soon and cheer them on. :)

doovie79 said...

Gorgeous girls! We miss them!! Colby is such a character--I hope Brady inherits that mellow sweetness Colby has!