Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Bday Syd!


Whew- it's been a whirlwind of a few weeks... Ger and I celebrated our 9th anniversary, Mia lost her 2nd tooth, we finished school supply/clothes/shoe shopping, we went to Meet Your teacher at the school, I chipped my tooth and got it fixed- phew, we did all our final activities for summer that the kiddos wanted to do- including going to Chuck E. Cheese, the kiddos started school... Lissy flew in for a visit... and just this weekend Sydney just celebrated her 7th birthday! Woah! Can't believe she is already SEVEN! We had quite the party- everyone's already been asking for pics so here they are... (there are too many cute ones so I didn't narrow them down too well- ha ha!) We decided her "Ace of Cakes" party invitation must be accompanied by something sweet... Sydney helped design these cute cupcakes!


She picked out the boxes, put them together, and we delivered 12 invitations with a boxed up cupcake.

Welcome to the Ace of Cakes Party! Melissa sewed 15 aprons for the party from fabric Sydney had picked out- 12 for the girls and 3 adult sized ones for Abby, herself, and me. They turned out so dang cute I thought! THANKS LISSY! Had to get a group shot- such cute friends! We are so blessed that she has so many great friends. (My mom went to the Lion House in SLC for the chef hats- I LOVED them! Ger and Chris wore them for the party too... THANKS SO MUCH MOM!)


First we had them design their dream cake on paper....


They got pretty creative and drew up some amazing cakes!

Then we played, "Tape the candle on the cupcake!" They were all giggling and laughing and it was a fun game- as you can see instead of a blindfold we covered their eyes with a chef hat.The next game was, "Guess what Kitchen Item is in this Bag." Again they had their eyes covered with a chef hat and everyone guessed right and got a treat! Impressive. I couldn't believe they guessed measuring spoon, wire whisk, beater, etc. They did great and had fun with it...
Then we had a yummy pizza, veggies, grapes, capri sun lunch. The boys kept yelling, "PIZZA PARTY!" They were hungry and ate up 4 pizzas- woah. Not too bad for a group of 15 kiddos...

Next it was time for presents... Her friends got to sit on the couch with her while she opened their presents- they are all so dang cute! AND she was spoiled rotten- everyone was so generous and got her just the perfect gifts. She couldn't pick a favorite- she was excited about them all. Then... the grand finale! The cake decorating. They piped frosting on in a rainbow of colors...
ate the skittles :-) and got creative with their decorating...


The spray paint was a HUGE hit- i should have bought more!


They also rolled out fondant and cut out lots of shapes and put them on their cakes. So impressive! They loved it and I couldn't believe how fast they caught on.


And were ALL thrilled with their final product. Even the boys were totally into it!








Wow! What amazing looking cakes huh! They all did such a great job and had colorful and creative cakes to take home. We served up cake and ice cream and that was the end of the party! A huge thanks to Chris and Abby, Ger and Lissy for all their help pulling it off. It was such a blast and Sydney said it was the funnest party ever and was so happy about it.


Ok- these are pics from her actual birthday on Friday- she and Mia were twinners for school!

I went to eat lunch with them and their friends got to sit by us- they were cracking us up! There was no mean lunch ladies with loud whistles like last year so it was a perfectly enjoyable lunch. ;-)
Colby thought it was so fun to have a lunch box and eat with the big kids.
After school we surprised Sydney by taking her and some friends out to Ocean Blue- the best frozen yogurt! They all LOVED a cool treat on a hot day. We also had to ride the horse at the toy store next door- they had a great time playing with all the trains and bikes and toys there too...


Then Sydney and Sage went swimming...


Then the day was concluded with dinner at the Rainforest Cafe- Sydney's choice. It was super fun and the food was great. Chris and Abby made it back from Flagstaff just in time to join us, which the kiddos were excited about. Happy Birthday Sydney!

3 comments:

Heidi Buchi said...

Looks like Syd had the perfect day! Tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Bo, Heids and Lola! We just think she is such a beautiful and such a sweet and thoughtful girl! WE LOVE YOU SYD!

Heidi Buchi said...

Plus Kim, I forgot to tell you how crazy, but amazing you are! You have a ton of talent and you take on things like this that I don't think most people could do! I bet your kids sure love all you do for them!

doovie79 said...

What a cute party! I want to copy everything!! I just don't know if I am ambitious enough...Happy Bday Syd!!
Love Jenny