Thursday, August 20, 2009

A New Kind of Smore...

Wow. I wish I could take the credit for coming up with this idea, but I can't. I saw them in a chocolate store window at the mall. I had to make them. Ok, I came up with the Rocky Road Smore idea by adding nuts... the store just had plain chocolate drizzled on top... But, we love Smores so I knew this would be the perfect treat. And super easy. And yes, they are as good as they look. You can heat them up or eat them just like they are. YUM!

This is a great project for kids to help with too! My kids loved lining the graham crackers up on the tray, drizzling the chocolate, dumping on the marshmellows, and especially eating them.
1- Line Graham crackers up on a tray (lined with tin foil if you want an easier clean up!)
2- Get your mini marshmellows out...
3- Get your chocolate melts or chocolate chips out...
4- Place melts/chips in a sandwich baggie- melt in microwave for 20 seconds at a time. Cut tiny corner out of baggie with kitchen shears...
5-Drizzle chocolate on graham cracker, so marshmellows will stick
6- Dump marshmellows on top of graham cracker- a heap looks cuter than just all lined up flat...
7-Drizzle chocolate on the top...
8- Allow to cool so the chocolate sets up
9-If you want to add something to the top, do it immediately after drizzling chocolate. You can add nuts/sprinkles/mini M&M's or anything else on top for a colorful fun treat! These are super versatile.

I love the idea of a smore bar (1/4 of a graham cracker) because they were easiest for the kiddos to eat! No mess and easy to pick up... The kiddos helped sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on a few of them.

This was Mia's favorite!

I experimented with other colors of chocolate and it wasn't super amazing! But it was fun to be creative anyways. ;-)
If you make them, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

doovie79 said...

How do you get time for all of your cute creativity?!?! This looks like such a fun project! I wish I could send my kids over for craft day every week at the Dover's...Maybe Southwest would give us a special!
Love Jenny