Ok, there's no way I can show you all 3000 pics from our fab vaca but I'll just show a few highlights from our nearly 4 week travels... Week 1: Park City. It really just might be one of our favorite places to be. It's the perfect weather in the summer, amazingly green and beautiful, so many things to see and do, a relaxing and fun place to play, and perfectly close to family and friends for lots of visits and get togethers. We stayed up there just over a week and here's some of what we did...
Park City Mountain Resort! So much fun. We splurged and got the all rides passes- these pics show the Alpine Coaster, zipline & riding the lift up to the Alpine Slide... So fun to meet George and Susie's fam there!
They had a ton of little kiddie rides- rocket train, airplanes, merry go round... and a favorite for the kids was the Legacy Launcher! A tramp with harness that make it easy to fly and do flips! They even got me on it and I realized what a mean mom I am- I am always yelling "Do a flip!" and I got out there and realized how hard and scary it is! We all did flips though and it was fun!
We all gave the rock wall a try and loved it- the kids are little monkeys!
And we rounded everything out with the maze and then mini golf!
Mia actually got a couple hole in ones!
And Ger was proud of Colby's form- ha ha!
One day we took the Gondola up at the Canyons Ski Resort and it was so fun to hike around! Utah got so much rain this spring everything is super green and beautiful.
The kids loved looking at all the flowers, bugs and creatures, squirrels, finding their own walking stick, playing horseshoes, etc.
I think Sydney was our photographer here- a little overexposure somehow! There is nothing like fresh mountain air!
Our service project for the week- ha ha! My sister Melissa just moved into a house and we helped her wash the walls to get ready for new paint. The kids were big helpers and never complained! Lissy makes everything fun though...
Then it was off to lunch at the Sego Lily Cafe. Yum! We went with my mom and it was lots of fun.
After playing at Grandma's in the afternoon we met up again with Lissy at Yogurt Stop- YUM! Lissy is 5 months prego and is so teensy still and rides around locally on her motorcycle! Colby was loving it.
Park City Mountain Resort! So much fun. We splurged and got the all rides passes- these pics show the Alpine Coaster, zipline & riding the lift up to the Alpine Slide... So fun to meet George and Susie's fam there!
They had a ton of little kiddie rides- rocket train, airplanes, merry go round... and a favorite for the kids was the Legacy Launcher! A tramp with harness that make it easy to fly and do flips! They even got me on it and I realized what a mean mom I am- I am always yelling "Do a flip!" and I got out there and realized how hard and scary it is! We all did flips though and it was fun!
We all gave the rock wall a try and loved it- the kids are little monkeys!
The kids loved looking at all the flowers, bugs and creatures, squirrels, finding their own walking stick, playing horseshoes, etc.
Our service project for the week- ha ha! My sister Melissa just moved into a house and we helped her wash the walls to get ready for new paint. The kids were big helpers and never complained! Lissy makes everything fun though...
Back at the hotel! Popcorn, soda, movies, treats...
swimming, jumping on beds, crafts and coloring! Doesn't get funner than that! I wish that we lived there- ha ha. It's nice to be able to spend almost 100% of my time with the kiddos instead of being distracted with things to do at home- they were absolutely a blast to be with. No fighting or problems whatsoever. Mia was a perfect princess for the entire trip- when she started getting whiny I would remind her... Bah! Don't you want to be a perfect princess again today?!? Worked like a charm.
Loved the Cabriolet ride to the Farmers market. Picked up some super fresh and juicy fruit... icees... treats... and cutie patootie skirts from Persnickety Clothing Company
swimming, jumping on beds, crafts and coloring! Doesn't get funner than that! I wish that we lived there- ha ha. It's nice to be able to spend almost 100% of my time with the kiddos instead of being distracted with things to do at home- they were absolutely a blast to be with. No fighting or problems whatsoever. Mia was a perfect princess for the entire trip- when she started getting whiny I would remind her... Bah! Don't you want to be a perfect princess again today?!? Worked like a charm.
Loved the Cabriolet ride to the Farmers market. Picked up some super fresh and juicy fruit... icees... treats... and cutie patootie skirts from Persnickety Clothing Companythat are adorable...
Just playing outside- the weather was perfect! So nice to get out of the heat of AZ... The kids were being hilarious and wrestling and racing and we played all sorts of fun games... and then got a carmel apple! (Don't you love my little poser! Mia was cracking me up.)
Yay! It was so fun to have a Diva Day! Em's and Brookie ended up to be the only ones to make it up but we had a great time- we hung out, swam, and went out to lunch at Cafe Rio. YUMMY! So fun to have friends that you pick up right where you left off- even if it's been a year. They are some of the best friends a girl could have- so much fun, so down to earth, and amazing examples for me of great wives and moms! Love both their families too- it was fun to catch up.
Ellie is Emily's only daughter and came up to join the fun- the girls instantly loved her and they were giggling in no time and holding hands on the way to the restaurant. They now will play house and one of their names is "Ellie!"
We rode the hotel elevator a lot and it never got old- elevators and pushing buttons are so much fun!
Park City Mountain Resort had a super fun jumpy zone. The kids loved it and wore themselves out. It was hilarious though because they were so competitive on the side by side racing one. Mia kept beating Syd and she was so sad... even when we told her that she was better at other things than Mia and we each have our own strengths and talents. Mia tried to make Sydney happier by saying, "I will let you win the next time! Or I could give you a head start!" That just made Sydney feel even worse even though Mia had good intentions... so Ger starting timing them for a personal best and they loved that. Anyways, so much to see and do- there's a peek into our week at Park City!
Just playing outside- the weather was perfect! So nice to get out of the heat of AZ... The kids were being hilarious and wrestling and racing and we played all sorts of fun games... and then got a carmel apple! (Don't you love my little poser! Mia was cracking me up.)
Yay! It was so fun to have a Diva Day! Em's and Brookie ended up to be the only ones to make it up but we had a great time- we hung out, swam, and went out to lunch at Cafe Rio. YUMMY! So fun to have friends that you pick up right where you left off- even if it's been a year. They are some of the best friends a girl could have- so much fun, so down to earth, and amazing examples for me of great wives and moms! Love both their families too- it was fun to catch up.
Park City Mountain Resort had a super fun jumpy zone. The kids loved it and wore themselves out. It was hilarious though because they were so competitive on the side by side racing one. Mia kept beating Syd and she was so sad... even when we told her that she was better at other things than Mia and we each have our own strengths and talents. Mia tried to make Sydney happier by saying, "I will let you win the next time! Or I could give you a head start!" That just made Sydney feel even worse even though Mia had good intentions... so Ger starting timing them for a personal best and they loved that. Anyways, so much to see and do- there's a peek into our week at Park City!
3 comments:
So cute!! I sure hope this is an annual tradition...We sure look forward to it!
Love Jenny
Looks like you had a fun trip! I am so sad I missed the mini diva reunion. Love love your shorts! Aren't they so comfy! I am glad you are back to blogging! I missed your blogs this month!
My goodness! You go and go and go! What a dream! I can't wait to see your posts about the rest of your trip and lake powell and everything - I bet it was sooo fun!
We were way sad we missed you too - the trip was just so last minute and quick... We will definitely make it down there again - hopefully soon! We love you guys lots!
Post a Comment