Monday, May 11, 2009

This will satisfy your chocolate craving!

Wow. I've got a lot of posts to make about the last week and a half of family, the wedding, and fun, but this is short and very sweet so I'm taking the time to post it tonight before I crash. These little cakes are amazing. Super easy and bound to get you lots of compliments. ;-) Debbie brought me some last summer when I had ankle surgery and I finally made them this past weekend for my fam and all of Chris' guy friends that came down for the wedding. Seriously, they all were raving. So dang yummy. Enough said, here is the recipe. Hope you love it as much as we do! (I did pour the frosting on a little thick on this one in the pic- "drizzling" is the more preferred method but I love frosting so got carried away. :-) And this was the first batch so by the last I was much better at drizzling it but forgot to take pics!)

Bundt Cake
1 chocolate (or devils food) cake mix
3/4 c. water
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
3/4 c. oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix all together with beaters, except chocolate chips. Add them at the end. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes for 1 large bundt cake or 20 minutes for mini bundt cakes.
Note: I used a mini pan from Walmart that was $4 and had 12 cakes on the pan. I also borrowed Debbie's fancy Williams Sonoma mini bundt pan that had 4 on the pan, making bigger cakes in a gorgeous pattern, but they no longer sell them. Mini bundt pans can be found at Amazon.com too.
Frosting
1 cup sugar
5 TBS butter
1/3 cup milk
6 oz. chocolate chips
Mix all together, except chocolate chips, in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, while stirring, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips. Drizzle over cake(s). (I added mini chocolate chips to the top immediately after drizzling frosting)
(We ate them warm with ice cream and they really were incredible.)

Different mini bundt pans...

3 comments:

Angie said...

So funny, I just made this cake for Mother's Day. It is so yummy! I've never made in smaller pans though, I will have to try that. I love to top it with raspberries or strawberries.
I wish we could have been at the wedding!

doovie79 said...

I can vouch for the delicious treat posted here--my kids and are are still salivating about them!
Love Jenny

Tyler + Jess said...

Paula (Sheridan) and I were talking and think you have the BEST recipes! You need to make a book!!