CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE KABOBS12 pearl onions, tips and roots trimmed
12 cherry tomatoes
1 summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
1 large red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
2-3 chicken breasts, diced
2 T olive oil
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp dried basil leaves
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 small garlic clove, minced
½ tsp kosher salt
pepper, to taste
Soak skewers for at least one hour. Place onions in just enough water to cover. Boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Squeeze onions to remove skins. Thread tomatoes, squash, onions, peppers, and chicken onto skewers. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper until well blended. Brush onto skewers. If you prefer, marinate chicken and veggies in marinade before placing on skewers (this is what I do). Grill over barbeque, turning once. Ensure that chicken is cooked thoroughly, but don't over cook because they will dry out... Serve over rice, couscous, or baby greens.
3 comments:
Looks delicious!
I love kabobs! Those look so good! As for Coby's Graduation so cute! He looks like such a big boy. I can't believe she had real outfits for them to wear. So fun! Trey just had his this week too, and it was so fun. I know it is just a small stepping stone, but I just loved watching him. Looks like a fun family day! Congrats little man!
Mmmm. Yum. Thanks for always posting yummy recipes on your blog, Kim. :)
Post a Comment