Sunday, April 19, 2009

So many things to make, so little time!

Ok, so I never found silk at Hobby Lobby OR Walmart, and never made it out to JoAnns so I never made my silk dyed Easter Eggs. Next year for sure. I so wish I had time to just make and bake all day! Lissy, if you lived close we would for sure... She is amazing in the making and baking category. BUT I love this website called I "heart" Cuppycakes! She makes all sorts of crazy yummy creative cupcakes and this is her latest creation... The Rainbow Cupcake!
(This would be a super fun activity for kids to help with- they love mixing colors into frosting and even experimenting mixing colors together and seeing what color it makes. They would love designing their very own rainbow cupcake by deciding how much of each color should go in each cupcake liner too... My kids LOVE being creative and messy so this is the perfect project to do with them!)

Doesn't look too hard- she made a recipe from scratch but you can just use a box mix and divide it into however many bowls for the colors you want to use...

Spoon a scoop of each color in your cupcake liners...
And cook them up- voila! An easy fun treat and a surprise to eat.

I'm off to do dishes for now, but hopefully me and the kids will find some extra time to make these... sometime soon!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

How fun! We will have to try those out.

michelle said...

Those are the cutest springtime cupcakes I have ever seen! I just might have to give it a try! :)